Houston Family Law Attorney
Whether you’re filing for divorce, going through the adoption process, or seeking legal counsel for an abusive relationship, our experienced Houston family law attorney can help.
Texas family law is complicated, to the point where a seemingly simple family issue involves a range of laws, required paperwork, and a lengthy process. That’s why at Chargois Harper Attorneys and Counselors at Law, we strive to make the process smoother while making sure you get the best outcome in your case.
If you need a trusted Houston family lawyer who can determine the best approach to resolve your family law concern, give us a call today. We offer Texas family law services in Harris County, Galveston, Brazoria, Montgomery, Fort Bend and surrounding counties. We also practice family law in Illinois.
Do I need a family law attorney in Houston TX?
No matter how simple or complicated your family law case is, hiring a family law attorney is ALWAYS a good idea.
An attorney understands how the law works and how it applies to your current situation. Our Houston family law attorneys can help you prepare all the necessary paperwork, avoid mistakes in the filing process, and ensure that everything is submitted on time.
An experienced family attorney can also help you get a better outcome in negotiations. Our Houston family lawyers have years of experience assisting clients and protecting their rights in the divorce process.
When going through the proposed marital settlement agreement with you, a good family law attorney can point errors and omissions in the agreement, like missing marital assets that should’ve been divided. Without the help of an attorney, you might not catch these issues and inconsistencies, which can be difficult and expensive to fix after the case is over. And if you don’t have extensive knowledge or understanding of Texas family laws and Houston city ordinances, you won’t have as much leverage to use when negotiating with the other party.
When you hire a family lawyer, you are hiring a professional to represent and protect you and your family’s interests. At Chargois Harper Attorneys and Counselors At Law, our Houston family law attorney will work with you to protect your rights while resolving the case as quickly as possible, so you can focus on spending time with your loved ones.
How Our Family Law Attorneys Help
Our Houston family law firm is dedicated to helping Texas families like yours find peace and success. We have over 30 years of experience in family law, so we know the ins and outs of Texas family laws. Our culturally diverse legal team helps us understand your situation better, so we can take your circumstances and interests into account and come up with a cost-effective strategy that works for you.
Our Houston divorce attorneys and family lawyers assist in all types of legal matters, including:
- Divorce Filing. Even in cases of uncontested divorce, there is a lot of paperwork and complicated procedures involved. We can help you file a petition for dissolution of marriage to Texas family court.
- Division of Assets and Property in Divorce. The most common issue divorcing couples face is how assets, property, and debt should be distributed between both parties.
- Child Custody. If you and your ex-spouse cannot agree on a custody arrangement, it’s best to reach out to a local family attorney or divorce lawyer. Our Houston family law attorney can help you negotiate with your ex and come up with a custody arrangement that protect your best interests of your child.
- Visitation & Parenting Plan. When parents divorce, they need to be able to agree on how they plan to raise their children after the marriage is dissolved. This comes in the form of parenting plans, and visitation schedules.
- Child Support. Every state has different rules for child support. Texas custody and support laws have established child support guidelines to determine how much child support a parent may be required to pay. Our Houston family lawyers will help you file a support claim and calculate how much child support you should pay or receive.
- Child Abuse and Neglect. Texas family laws protect children from being abused and neglected in their own home. If you’re dealing with a child abuse & neglect case, our Houston family lawyer offers legal services to help ensure the safety of your child. Give us a call if you need legal help with child abuse, child maltreatment and neglect, or child abandonment.
- Modification of Orders. When life changes, it may be time to modify your family law orders. Our experienced Houston family lawyers can assist you in modifying your custody and visitation orders, updating your parenting plan arrangement, adjusting the amount of child support or alimony, and more.
- Enforcement of Orders. While a child support order legally requires a parent to provide financial support to their child, they do not always comply with it. Fortunately, there are ways for you to make sure that the court order is enforced. Our Houston family law attorney assists in enforcing child support orders, alimony, and other family law orders.
These are just a few examples of the types of family law matters we handle at Chargois Harper Attorneys & Counselors at Law. If you need assistance with another family law matter not listed above, please fill out the contact form here to find out how we can help you.
We Assist in Family Law Cases Involving Children
Texas family court favors the entry of a parenting plan that addresses all family law issues involving your kids, including custody, support, and visitation. The Houston family law attorneys at Chargois Harper Attorneys and Counselors at Law will help you prepare your parenting plan and navigate issues involving your child, such as:
- Negotiating a custody arrangement
- Creating a parenting plan
- Creating a visitation schedule
- Filing a child support claim
- Modifying custody orders
- Enforcing custody orders
- Modifying support orders
- Enforcing support orders
- Modifying visitation orders
- Enforcing visitation orders
- Addressing issues on parental relocation
- Addressing parentage or parental rights issues
- Getting help for child abuse and neglect
Whatever your issue may be in a custody battle or other divorce case involving children, our Houston family law firm is ready to help.
Our Houston Family Law Attorneys Help With Divorce Filings & More
Our experienced attorneys in Houston, TX offer legal services for other family law matters in Texas and Illinois, including:
- Amicable divorce or uncontested divorce
- Contested divorce and divorce litigation
- Divorce mediation
- Division of marital debt
- Division of marital property
- Divorce filing for business owners
- High-asset divorce cases
- Marital agreements (Prenuptial and Postnuptial)
- Termination of parental rights
- Collaborative family law proceedings
Attorneys Sherlyn Smith, Kirk Chargois, Burton Harper, and Tondalaya Lloyd all have extensive experience handling a wide variety of divorce cases, custody matters, and family law issues.
What Should I Look For in a Houston Family Law Attorney?
If you’re looking for the best Houston family attorneys to help with your case, you should look at these three factors: experience in divorce and family law, compassion and willingness to listen, and constant communication to keep you updated.
Experienced in Divorce & Family Law
An experienced family law attorney is likely to have far better knowledge and application of the law compared to someone who just started as a lawyer. The Houston family law attorneys at Chargois Harper Attorneys and Counselors at Law have over 30 years of experience practicing family law in Texas and Illinois. No matter how complicated your family law case is, we can handle your case efficiently and effectively.
Compassion & Willingness to Listen
The best family law attorney takes the time to listen and understand your situation. Depending on your circumstances, going to court may not be the best approach for your case. In some cases, mediation serves as a faster and smoother way to resolve family law issues.
With our culturally diverse legal team, we have both personal and professional experience dealing with all kinds of family situations. No matter what family issue you are facing, our Houston family law attorney will listen to you and put your and your family’s needs first.
Work With You & Keeps You Updated
The outcome of your family law case will greatly affect you and your family. It’s only right that you are always kept up to date with what is happening with your case. At Chargois Harper Attorneys and Counselors at Law, we will work with you and make sure you know everything that is going on with your case. If you have a question or concern about your case, we will address your concern and get you the answers you need. Rest assured that our Houston family lawyers handle each case with the care and attention it deserves.
Talk to a Houston Family Law Attorney Now!
Choosing your lawyer is one of the most crucial decisions that you’ll make when you deal with a family law case. At Chargois Harper Attorneys and Counselors at Law, our Houston family law attorneys work hard to get all the facts on your case and get the best outcome for your case.
We are on your side. We take the time to listen to you and understand your situation. That’s how we can work with you to create a strategy that has your family’s best interest in mind and get the best possible result for your family law case. Our Houston attorneys also make sure that you’re updated on everything that happens in your case.
You can count on us to protect your interests and resolve your family law concerns in Texas & Illinois.
We also offer legal services for probate, estate planning, and guardianship. Give us a call or visit our Houston law office or Illinois law office to get legal help today!
You can count on us to protect your interests and resolve your legal concerns in Texas & Illinois.
11999 Katy Freeway #506
Houston, TX 77079
4647 W. 103rd Street, Oak Lawn Illinois 60453
Get Help From Our Illinois & Texas Attorneys
All the information on this website – www.chargoisharper.com – is published in good faith and for general information purposes only. Chargois Harper Attorneys and Counselors at Law does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (Chargois Harper Attorneys and Counselors at Law), is strictly at your own risk. Chargois Harper Attorneys and Counselors at Law will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.
Copyright © 2023 Chargois Harper Attorneys and Counselors at Law - All Rights Reserved. | Powered by Advantage Attorney Marketing & Cloud Solutions